I think the 1st time I saw the head in the glass container on Sleepy Hollow, I thought "Well, I'm going to need to make one of those in 1/6 scale".
The glass is a seal-able jar, and the metal structure is all made with styrene plastic strips, painted and weathered with Doc O'Brien's weathering powders. The skull is from this awesome ebay seller , and is actually 1 of 10 that I ordered from them. And trust me, I know I'll find a use for all 10 skulls (11 actually, since they hooked me up with a bonus skull!).
The whole thing is a bit heavier than I'd like (poor Violet Rose can barely carry it) but it's a pretty minor complaint. Whose skull, and how it plays into the House of Seasons world is a story for another time.
Alice's is the second head I've added hair to. I took what I learned from Krysa, and this time used high end real human hair instead of the synthetic stuff I worked with previously. And the difference is amazing. It is way easier to style and work with, and is just a huge difference in quality. And it's such an improvement over the previous plastic hair that I was never satisfied with, especially the paint job.
Too long since my last update!
So, it started with the brick wall I showed a few months back. I added some windows and the flooring before the Christmas photoshoot. While I had planned the for it to be a modular background, that I could use for a variety of settings, in some senses, it was always going to be Violet Rose's industrial loft apartment. But I think it just continues to evolve as I get ideas for new structural elements I want to build. Somewhere along the way, I wanted to make a giant skylight, and replaced 1/3 of the back wall. Since everything was coming together so nicely, I thought a quick photoshoot was in order. By the time I got this post together, I've added a ton more, so look for more updates soon!
As a bonus, I've added a gallery of polaroid versions of most of the pics. Something about the cropping and the extra border really adds to the realism of the pictures. I've also been considering printing the polaroid set at 1/6 scale, and making them into little polaroid props. Might be fun!